- To enable our organisation to run efficiently, it is essential that we collect some personal information on the membership forms or on tutor registration forms, etc. This information helps office bearers, volunteers and tutors to perform their role effectively.
- Our organisation publishes photographs of our activities and members in our meeting rooms and offices, in our newsletter and other publications, and on our website. For the most part, our office bearers, but also sometimes our general members, are identified in captions to these photographs. If you do not want your image used, or you do not want your name noted, please inform the photographer when you see that photos are being taken.
- No membership records or distribution lists are passed to other organisations without your permission, except in special circumstances such as health and safety reasons, government grant applications, etc.
- Information kept in our filing systems is reviewed regularly, and personal information will be destroyed after two years unless the information is relevant to current situation or circumstances.
- You can gain access to your personal information and advise us if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- All membership forms are destroyed within three years of receipt.
- Most personal information is kept on our computer systems and is used to generate reports, class lists, mailing lists, etc., for office training, for service, for mail outs, for class/activity administration, etc. Personal information held on computer is destroyed within two years of a member not renewing their membership. If you have any concern about security of your personal information, you may contact an office bearer by leaving a message at the office.